I have a few updates to my job situation. My leave was extended until August 15. This is an additional 4 months (almost), and puts me back at work part-time one week before TJ starts kindergarten. I basically have the summer off!
Yes, it is part-time. Yeah! I will be job sharing with one of my favorite people to work with at Aon Hewitt, Valerie. She is really good, and our day to day interests are very complimentary. We actually started the exact same day in June 1998, almost 13 years ago. She enjoys more of the "project" type work, and I enjoy more of the daily tasks, and so we work very well together.
With that said, I have agreed to go back to work full-time for 3 months while Valerie is out on maternity leave, starting in September. I've agreed to do this for several reasons. Because I don't love my job, I at least can love the people I work with, and at any job, who you work with is a really big deal. Valerie is great, and my technology person, also a friend at Hewitt for many years, is also joining our team. She is the best tech person in the region. The people and the part-time hours are reason enough. On top of that, however, my client is actually nice to work with, and I've never actually really had that! So, combine these reasons with the ability to work part-time (in the long run) and work from home as needed...I'm agreeable. My manager, in no uncertain terms, said that they will not be asking me to come back to Hewitt full-time in the future, unless it is at my request. Thank you! So, it might be a bit ad-hoc, but 3 months for full-time see manageable.
Needless to say, we have some child-care issues to work on. We are hoping for some in-home help for the three days that I am in the office. I can't quite look forward to getting 3 kids out the door, working a full day, and then picking 3 kids up from daycare, getting dinner, homework, baths, beds, all by myself, when Scott is working. So, we have couple of leads, but will be focusing on this pretty hard in the next few months to start getting plans solidified.
That is my news for now...
No comments:
Post a Comment