I went in at 6:00, with surgery scheduled for 7:30. When they asked who would be waiting on me and picking me up, I kindly told them that I did not have anyone waiting on me, but my husband would be there to pick me up at 9:30. They said it was their "policy" to have someone there in case something happened. I kindly told them that my husband would be accessible by phone at anytime, but we had 3 kids at home and someone had to get them to school. Seriously, can you imagine having Scott sit there for 3.5 hours doing "nothing" while a babysitter was trying to get the kids to school? Nope.
I digress. Surgery went well, and the recovery phase is getting better. To start off, I had a huge heavy cast, and was on crutches for 6 days. Luka forgets their real name, and calls them "walking sticks." It is very difficult for this mama to not be able to even carry her cup of coffee to the table, let alone her baby. Scott definitely got the brunt of it for the weekend, basically taking care of 4 kids, and it was a full-time job. (I got to play games all day long with the kids. I think Luka and I played at least 7 games of 'Sorry!' on Sunday.) Scott was definitely super dad once again, but I think he was pretty worn out by Sunday night. We were so glad to see Regina the next morning, who swooped in like she always does, as if she has been there all along. She has an amazing ability to assess the situation as soon as she walks in the house and dive right into exactly what needs to be done next. Walter and Vera came later on Monday, and have been a huge help for the past week.


I am now in a walking cast, which has been an amazing help for getting around the house. I have therapy 2-3 times per week, and should be out of the cast in 3 weeks at the most. I'll get my stitches out Nov. 8, hopefully. My biggest complaint at the moment is that I have to sleep in this big huge plastic cast, and it is quite cumbersome and uncomfortable, and I have another week at least for that. Oh well...glad to get it over with. I had to do it this year since I had already met my deductible having had Mikayla.
For now, I'll just keep hobbling along...
No comments:
Post a Comment