Well this is definitely a catch-up blog. With house projects and Regina gone for 6 weeks, this mama is worn out. Our schedule was really thrown out of wack. And at the same time, we're so very grateful that Regina could go back to visit her kids who she hasn't seen in over two years. But wow, does it make a difference in this family!
I was basically juggling my work around Scott's schedule. Mikayla went into Spanish School an additional day each week. Mimi had Mikayla Wednesday mornings. So while the professional work got done, there was still laundry, cooking, and cleaning to keep up with, and well, let's say the sheets on the beds got changed at least one time during the six weeks.
So, not sure why I decided to tackle home improvements at the same time, except that it was somewhat of a coincidence since I actually started in December, but these types of projects always seem to get so drawn out. In any case, we are still working on the house stuff but hopefully getting it more under control.
For Valentines Day, it just seemed like such effort to find a babysitter and go out. So, we celebrated with cheese and chocolate fondue, which the kids definitely enjoyed.
Mikayla started dance class and gymnastics about the same time, and
thoroughly looked forward to each of them. The tutu is thanks to Ont
Onchee, who wanted her niece to be the star of the show I guess. Well,
Mikayla certainly put forth her best effort...for the first three
classes at least. And then she decided she had had enough and we didn't
even make it to the fourth and final class. I guess that is why they
only have you sign up for 4 classes at a time!
Gymnastics, on the other hand, is a weekly celebration. Mikayla asks just about everyday, "nastics today, mom?"
When Monday finally rolls around, she talks about it all afternoon,
until finally it is time to put on her leotard. The boys go on Monday
as well...somehow I managed to coordinate each of their classes. So,
Monday is a big day with piano at 4:00, and gymnastics on the other side
of town at 6:00. Oh, and TJ starts drum lessons at 3:30 on Mondays in
April.
Also new for Mikayla is that she can now officially ride her tricycle and pedal on her own. She rides down to the mailbox and we just really take our time! Thanks to gymnastics and some help from Ont Onchee, she can also do a somersault, and she always pops up with a big smile after she does one. As for potty training, we are 95% there. Most of the time, she wakes up very dry. On vacation, she did not have milk right before bed, and thank goodness, because I forgot to pack any diapers. So, she slept each night in her underwear and not one time did she have an accident. Phew!
One last note - Mikayla is definitely a Three. Tantrums are quite frequent, she resists getting into her car seat, she arches her back going potty before bed, and she is now that toddler having a meltdown in Trader Joe's if she can't push her own kid-size cart. I like to go first thing in the morning when we are one of the only ones in the store. I was talking to a friend I ran into there the other day. When I realized Mikayla was not with me, I turned back around the corner to find that the entire corn chip display was on the floor. She had pulled out a bag from the bottom of the stack and they basically all fell on her. The clerk was already picking them up. After apologizing, I said, "on the bright side, I wouldn't be buying all of this stuff if she hadn't put it in her cart." He replied, "Yep, which is exactly why I don't mind picking up all these chips!"
TJ very much enjoyed his most recent basketball season. He had a couple of school mates on his team which made it fun for him. We enjoyed watching, as he was one of the more skilled on the team and had a lot of opportunities for good passes and good shots.
Also on the TJ front, it is amazing how quickly things change. All of a sudden one day, it was clear that TJ needed deodorant. So, showers are more frequent now too, and that is that. Speaking of, it is SO helpful that both boys can completely shower themselves on their own now!
And despite all this fun chaos we have created, we still do have to take a moment to enjoy the wonders of nature. We had ice in February that we have never seen here before. It was just so beautiful we couldn't help but take a few pictures of the awesomeness in our own backyard.





No comments:
Post a Comment