There are two things in this world the Mikayla really loves: TV and gum.
While fairly stringent on TV time, I'm pretty lax on the gum. We go through several packs a week, and that is just one of those things I decided not to battle.
Similarly, we decided not to battle the pacifier at night. Mikayla has not been allowed to take it out of the house for quite some time, and in the last 6 months or so, she is only allowed to have it at night in her bed and not anywhere else in the house, but she would still come down with it in her mouth every morning. She had agreed to give it up when she turned 4, but that fell through. There were several nights where we had tried to play hardball, and after 20 minutes, we decided we didn't want her crying another 20 minutes and we really wanted to go to sleep too.
Last week, Scott, on a whim, told her that she could have gum the next day if she slept without her pacy. She readily agreed, because again, she just loves gum that much. I hope I'm not jinxing anything, but I think we are done with the pacifier at 4 years old and 1 month; she hasn't slept with it since.
"Mom, can I have gum before my breakfast?"
"Sure honey, no problem."
Brilliant Daddy, just brilliant. Did that really need to be so difficult?
No comments:
Post a Comment