Saturday, the kids got to participate in an Easter egg hunt and take pictures with the Easter bunny. I'm not sure who had more fun...the kids or Mimi! Concurrently, Scott and I took the motorcycles out toward Lake Livingston and had a great 5 hour trip.
After the rain passed through today, it was a beautiful day at the lake. The kids were anxious to play outside and hide and rehide all of their Easter eggs. (TJ opened up each one every time, just in case another surprise might appear.) Covered in Easter tatoos and just ready to eat the neighbors BBQ chicken, Luka chanced upon an ant hill, and within minutes his feet were covered in about 20 fire ant bites, and he was screaming in pain. Within 10 minutes, his body was covered in rash, and his eye was beginning to swell closed. I quickly found my way to the emergency room, where he responded well to Benadryl with no further complications. Two hours later, we finally made it home. Kids are in bed, and I am recuperating from the day's events.
You just never know where each day might lead with two toddlers...and to keep it all in perspective, here is Mimi's story for the day.
Mimi: I packed all kinds of bags to take to Lisa's [to help with Luka] and what did I forget? Nana, Bebe, and Ronnie! TJ and I talked about it quite a bit on the way home. He was a great sport and said he would be okay and sleep with his new bunny. (And, he did okay tonight when we put him to bed.) He really understood, and when I said I was upset about it, he asked me why and I told him that I know how much they mean to him etc. His answer? "Mimi, I'm not upset. Why are you upset?" Children have much to teach us.
No comments:
Post a Comment