The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Enjoying Spring

So...I am realizing that I am not great at blogging, though I do find it somewhat therapeutic. So, I've decided that I will continue to blog, but never pressure myself to blog, and to only do it when it feels right. Otherwise, what is the point, right?

Since Easter, it seems that much has happened with springtime activities in the Woodlands. In the midst of it all, everyone in our household has managed to have a stomach virus over the course of the last 3 weeks, and TJ is laying in bed with a fever of 104 as we I type. Hopefully, this will be it! (Don't worry...no swine flu here...not even the flu!)

We've been enjoying many of the outdoor concerts that the Woodlands has to offer this type of year. And going to the lake is always a treat. In fact, Luka would much rather be at the lake than at home. Tonight, Mimi picked up Luka by surprise at daycare, and when they stopped to pick up his overnight bag at our house, Luka did not want to get out of the car to give me a hug and a kiss. That special Mimi!






Little Luka Bazooka has quite the emerging playful personality. He loves to try on hats, he is very particular about his clothes (usually only agreeing to wear orange), and he is just a bit of a stinker. One minute he has a cheesy fake grin, and the next he as somber as can be. In these pictures, I attempted to capture that spunkiness.




We had such a good time with Grandma and Grandpa Schmucker here. Luka and TJ were so excited for them to come! Grandma and Grandpa love to do anything and everything that the boys want to do...taking walks everyday to the pond to see the new little duck family (we promptly come home and read The Ugly Duckling, Make Way for Ducklings, etc.), riding "bikes," doing art projects, reading, making rockets. What fun! (Unfortunately, the day I tried to take pictures, TJ was too under the weather to sit up much.) We did make it up to the lake one day and all four grandparents had to fight over just two grandkids. (No worries - they all managed to compromise and remain calm.)



See, Grandma is so supportive. She even donned her best orange to match Luka!

No comments:

Post a Comment