...And Happy with a capital "H" it was! I started my day off with nothing...nothing at all. No baby monitor, no breakfast, no dog in the bed...nothing, and how sweet it was! When I finally crawled out of bed, Scott was making Belgium waffles and eggs with Luka. (TJ was at the lake for an overnight with Mimi and Papa.) The three of us then went to church, where we heard a very nice inspirational Mother's Day message, and Luka made it through the whole service in the sanctuary and we didn't have to go to the "Family Room!"
After lunch, we met the rest of the Gunden Clan at what is becoming our annual Mother's Day brunch location...a very tasty Indian locale. The kids did great (Norah even sat in a little high chair) and we actually enjoyed some nice conversations.

Back at the ranch, we were surprisngly able to take a few great pictures (after a snack bribe) and exchange some Mother's Day tokens of love. Scott did just a bang up job, and had several kids projects and gifts that he had done with them. He made the day very special and memorable. It definitely takes on new meaning when the kids seem to understand what the day is about and can participate as well. Luka's little "Happy Mother's Day" is just too cute. Scott must have had him practicing for days.
The picture below is the first ever, we realized. A historical moment!

After a relaxing afternoon while ALL the boys slept, we made our first family trip of the season to the local pool, which opened this weekend. We are just going to have so much fun this year. The kids just love the pool, and they are so fun to watch! We hope to have them both swimming like little fish by the end of of the season.
So, I end my special day in front of the computer with a bite of dark chocolate. I wish all the mothers and grandmothers and special woman in our lives a wonderful Mother's Day. And now, I think I have a coupon to turn in for a foot rub yet to tonight...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLunch was great! I'm so lucky to have you as a mom role model. You make me a better mom!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Can you please send me that awesome pic of all of us?
Wow!!! Your kids are changing sooo much!! I can't believe how different Luka looks since Sept. I can't wait to see you all in July!!! I love it!
ReplyDelete