The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Here I come, Willemijn!

Watch out! Mamma is takin' a trip to visit her Dutch family. Solo. That means no kids and no hubby.

Willie keeps asking "Are you sure you want to come for just 5 days?" Gosh, let me think about that. A non-stop plane ride for 10 hours, reading my new favorite book series "Twilight," watching movies, and people serving me the entire time. Upon arrival, curbside pick-up, then 4 days of total play and relaxation with my second all-time favorite family. Uh...yeah, I still want to come.

I'm excited. One of the kids woke me up at 4:00 a.m. yesterday, and after a quick conversion to Holland time, I decided to get up. I got to bed later than I thought last night, (after my 4:00 a.m. wake-up) but when Scott came to bed at 2:00 a.m. this morning, I woke up, and again, the adrenaline. So, I've been making movies since 2:30 a.m. (See previous post.) Going for a jog as soon as it gets light, then off to work for the morning until my taxi service (aka Scott and kids) take me to the airport.

The kids really want to go see Willie too, (they remember her well) and don't understand why they don't get to go of course. But, they do understand that Daddy is staying and has lots of fun things planned. The kids don't have school for 2 weeks, so Scott will actually have them non-stop for almost 4 days straight. Yes...being a single parent for days at a time is a much different experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment