My sista and Mintje:
Of course, she spoiled me. And we enjoyed many conversations but actually... not a whole lot other than hanging out and spending time together. A day trip to Amsterdam, hanging out at her parents house, one night out on the town, a 1000 piece puzzle put together in 24 hours, making party mix, enjoying her kids...
I was sick the whole time with a head cold. We made jokes about me not being able to leave the room without the Kleenex and vaseline. I'm still recovering today, but have now lost my voice and gained a horribly annoying cough. But, that didn't spoil our time! No way Jose! Unfortunately, due to illness, I was also unable to see Aafke or Richard or meet their son, Jemme. Sigh. Maybe next time.
Here are a few pictures. I met Mintje, Willie and Joost's little girl, for the first time (isn't she a doll?) and I had not seen Mees since Portugal when our boys turned 1 year old together.
Mees (4)
Mintje (2 1/2):
Their preferred mode of transport:
Willemijn's parents, Johann and Rikki, my Dutch parents
Wow—I can't believe Willie's kids! It's been years since I last saw Willie—8 years actually—but I'll never forget staying with her in Groningen and visiting her parent's house.
ReplyDeleteThat whole family (including Richard and Afka) took such good care of me and I'm sure I never properly thanked them for being such gracious hosts.
You guys are so similar, I'm sure you never ran out of things to talk about—