The first day, Tuesday, TJ expressed quite a bit of apprehension and nervousness. Of course, that's very normal for a 4-yr old. As soon as he walked into the classroom, they started engaging him in activities that he couldn't turn down. Luka (along with Easter Bunny) proudly marched into his new classroom and started the typical Luka act of putting on his charm and making people chuckle.
The second day, TJ had a slow morning again, anticipating another day at school. Scott dropped him off, and he requested that Scott just "Stay and look through the window for a little bit." Scott obliged him, of course, and left with no issues. Luka, on the other hand, (Mr. "I'd rather never wear clothes until you make me" practically jumped into his clothes and shoes, wolfed down his breakfast, and announced "I'm all set!"
At dinner that night, I told the boys that tomorrow Mommy and Daddy did not have to go to work and they did not have to go to school. Instead of the round of cheers that I had been expecting, TJ started whining and said "But I want to go to Spanish School!!" Wow. He has never complained of going to school, but preferring school over home is definitely a first!
No comments:
Post a Comment