The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Three's Company

Well, it's official...we're expecting!  And this is officially my first pregnancy blog entry, (and I'm sure there are many more to come.)


The due date is either Feb. 12 or Feb. 18, so it's been fun just saying that I'm due on Valentine's Day.  We had the opportunity to tell many of our friends and family in person on our trip to Indy in July (perfect timing), and now I am 13 weeks.  I'm at the point where I don't really have any signs of being pregnant (other than needing to rubber band my pants together)...so it was nice to visit the midwife today and hear the heartbeat. 

The kids are thrilled!  Every day they ask "how big is the baby now?"  Luka was fascinated by the heartbeat today as well.  We're excited for the age spread (4 1/2 years between Luka and the baby), and that the boys will maybe even remember many details about the pregnancy, birth, newborn stage, etc.  What a learning experience for them!

Yes...we will be finding out what we're having, and we actually already have names for either one, but that part we'll keep a secret until the birth.   There has to be some element of surprise, of course.

Another exciting experience for me (I hope "us") is that we plan to deliver at a birthing center and avoid the whole hospital drama.  Cross our fingers that I make it to 37 weeks so we can make it happen.  I'm most nervous about not having an epidural, but that is what I'm most excited about as well.  We'll see...I have lots to learn.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so excited for you guys!! Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually read your minds before TJ announced that he is going to have a brother or sister and then after that I SCREAMED! We are sooo thrilled!

    Grandma Vera

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Lisa! I'm so happy for you and your family. I'm excited for your birth goals as well. I think you're going to do awesome!

    ReplyDelete