The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day Of School

The kids headed back to school today and seemed very ready to go!  We met their teachers (who they already knew from last year) on Friday, and saw their new classrooms, and they were pretty excited.  Unfortunately, they are starting to keep each other from sleeping, so I had to actually wake them up this morning to get ready.  I thought for sure they would crash tonight, but as I type this at 9:24, they are still up, and I put them to bed at 8:15!  Guess we'll have to wake them up again tomorrow...

With that said, when I dropped them off this morning, they walked right over to their assigned seats, started their projects, and didn't bat an eye.  They both blew me a kiss and basically said "See ya later," and that was that.


We've talked to the school about signing Luka up for full-time with my new work schedule...the school is very full with waiting lists, but fortunately we could add on one more day for Luka.  Not that we will necessarily use it (if Scott wants to keep him home) but it is available.  TJ has to go five days a week regardless since he is in kindergarten.

On a side note, we have been very busy on the home-front with updating all our bathrooms (floor, counters, and fixtures) and the master bath starts tomorrow.  We've also managed to refinance our house this past week.  Funny story: we had the appraiser coming 2 hours after the grout was put in the tile on the floors.  We quick set the non-functioning toilets in place, and the appraiser didn't have a clue what the bathrooms had looked like just 5 hours prior!

A few cute Luka sayings:
- I can't remember the context exactly, but his response was "Simply, I don't want to do that."
-"Daddy, what does 'congratulations' mean?"  Quite a big word for a 3-yr old, and he said it perfectly.
-"Mommy, can I take both of my Jiffys to the Y?"  After I responded, he insightfully said, "Ok, I thought you would say either 'yes' or 'no'."

Pregnancy update:  Luka went to my last appointment and we both heard the heartbeat.  He thought that was pretty cool.  TJ hopes it is a girl and on several occasions has mentioned that he hopes we can name her "Princess."  I'm feeling kicks (flutters) much earlier than normal at 13 weeks (I'm now 14,)  which is so nice since I have no other symptoms and need some reassurance that the baby is alive and kickin.

1 comment:

  1. They're adorable!!! And congrats!!!! on the pregnancy! How cool!

    ReplyDelete