The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Belly Art - 35 weeks

Well - I'm 35 weeks. Almost to my goal of 37, and I'm beginning to feel a bit more relaxed. I still get contractions when I do most anything, and I am terribly out of shape. (We had a fire drill at work the other day. I went down 6 flights of stairs, and my calves were sore the whole next day! Sigh.) But, if the reduced activity is serving it's purpose, than I am NOT complaining.

In any case, it is what it is, and we are so grateful that this little girl has stayed in there where she belongs. We just feel so fortunate to have such wonderful family to support us and the boys during this pregnancy, especially our parents. Additionally, friends bringing meals, checking in, etc. it is all just so incredibly helpful and appreciated.

Grandma and Grandpa Schmucker just left, and we did manage to get out a bit and have some fun at the Y. The boys have started swimming lessons, and there was a little festival after that.




We know Luka in general is a spark in our lives, but his electricity issues this winter have given us some good laughs.



In addition, I had the opportunity to have a friend from church (who is in the flute choir) do a little belly painting. We just had so much fun...she was experimenting a bit, but it turned out pretty cool. (A huge thanks to Denise who was able to capture some great shots on short notice!)






Another tidbit...Luka tries to be so careful about not elbowing me or kicking me in the tummy. If he does, he'll often lean over and talk to his little sister and make sure she is ok. But really, he is just a cuddler at heart, and it kills me not to be able to pick him up and squeeze him and hug him. Yesterday, when we were reading a book, side by side on the couch, he interrupted me and asked, "Mommy, when the baby comes out, can you hold me again?" Argh -talk about a wrench in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment