The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Countdown Is On

The question is, countdown to when, exactly??

It really is hard to believe that 37 weeks has passed. January 22 has been such a key milestone, it kinda felt like my actual due date, and part of me really did believe we would have a baby Saturday night. (37 weeks is what allows us to have the baby at the birthing center, barring any unforseen challenges.)

Alas, as I sit on my couch with a tired stomach, still having contractions, I am very much aware that this baby girl is alive and kickin' in there, and all I do know is that she has no plans to come out at this particular moment. What I don't know is if she will decide to come out later tonight, tomorrow, or next week, or even mid-February??

So, our next hurdle is to do what we can to make sure Scott is home...we try not to let this be a big stress factor for us. But, unlike the hurdle of making it to 37 weeks, this one seems a bit more out of our control. Frankly, it is what it is...but it's still difficult to think about him not being there. For the time being, we are trying to live in the moment, and making plans on a daily (honestly, sometimes hourly) basis.

Last Wednesday, I was 3 cm. dilated. So, all these contractions have certainly been working to some degree. While it's definitley a signn that things are progressing, I also understand that some women stay at 2 or 3 cm. for several weeks. My next appt. is this Wednesday...Scott leaves Wednesday morning...sure might be nice to have the baby before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment