The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Monday, September 26, 2011

Getting in the Groove

Whether I like the groove or not, I'd say we are finding it. While my days at work are stressful and always busy, with no down time at all, I leave promptly at 5:00 and look forward to the next 2 hours with the kids before bedtime. Logistically, it is a daily challenge to manage schedules and after school activities, especially when Scott is not home. Usually at least 2 day a week, I have to leave work (and make sure I have no meetings scheduled) to get the kids, and them finish working from home.

I informed Scott the other day that we had no social plans on the calendar. Not only does it take work to schedule things with friends, but if it doesn't really work out at the last minute, there is still an obligation to make it work, and it is stressful to plan your weekends around too many things. So, last minute plans our the way to go for us, at the moment. What that meant last weekend is that, while Scott was a guest speaker at Hesston College aviation Alumni weekend, I was at home playing with the kids for the entire weekend. And, with no formal schedule to abide by, we had a great relaxing time.

Friday night: basketball practice and a make-shift concert with the kids, since TJ had built a microphone from the Tinkertoys
Saturday morning: basketball game and then to visit cousins Macy and Norah
Saturday afternoon: pool and then playing in the yard for two hours in the (finally) cooler weather
Sunday morning: church

Here are a few pictures from our weekend:









No comments:

Post a Comment