The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Daily routine and 7 Month Notes

I think Mikayla has finally settled into a bit of a routine. Of course, with school starting, we all have for that matter.


6:15 - I get up and get ready for the day
6:40 - Wake up boys and they get dressed
6:50 - I start breakfast and pack lunches
7:00 - We eat breakfast and usually Mikayla is awake by now
7:15 - Boys get on their shoes and socks, brush teeth, brush hair, pack backpacks
7:15 - I feed Mikayla while boys are getting ready
7:40 - We head out the door to take TJ (then Luka) to school
9:30 or 10:00 - Mikayla's first nap after quick nurse (or bottle these days)

At this point, she either sleeps 1 hour, or 3 hours, so it is very unpredictable! After a 3 hour nap, she will go down for a short and late afternoon nap, or, she may go down earlier and take another 2 hour nap. Unfortunately, when I have to pick up the boys, her afternoon nap usually gets a bit shortened on one end or the other.

6:00 - All eat dinner
6:45 - We head for bed
6:45 - I give Mikayla a bath while boys get on PJs and brush teeth
6:55 - We all play peek-a-boo with Mikayla a bit and try to get her giggling
7:00 - The boys have "quiet time" in their room while I feed Mikayla
7:10 - I read to the boys
7:35 - Lights out for everyone (we shoot for 7:30, but don't usually make it!)
Of course, when Scott is here, the schedule varies a bit, and is not so militaristic, but when it is just me, we stick to the schedule. Otherwise, we wouldn't be in bed until 9:00!

Mikayla usually wakes up once (sometimes 2 times) per night. If it is before 2:00, I tend to let her cry a bit, but otherwise I do get up to feed her. At her last check-up, she wasn't keeping pace with her growth, so I want to maintain the middle of the night feeding for now just to get a few more calories in her. Plus, selfishly, as I did with Luka and TJ, I cherish these 15 minutes every night. It is just the two of us, with no distractions, and no deadlines, and just the soft glow of the lights that keeps us both half asleep in the comfort of each other.

Between her naps, Mikayla loves to swim, play musical instruments, practice sitting up, roll all over the floor, play with Chilli, play with her toys, and take stroller rides. She is generally such a happy baby. We just look at her and smile all day long. She is very responsive and always greets us with the biggest smile. She is starting to develop a big cheesy grin with squinty eyes; we think it is when she is being playful and trying to make us laugh!



Mikayla is starting to eat solids twice a day. She sits in her little chair at the table with all of us and just takes in all the activity around her. Regina usually purees some fresh vegetables each day. Scott and I always joke as we feed her dinner, because often times we have no idea what it is she is eating. (I know, third kid, right?) She is the perfect addition to our family and completes the picture, literally. Scott says she has the exact face that he would dream about before she was born, which was part of the reason he decided to consider a third child. How sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment