For TJ and Luka, it is back to school, of course. This year, TJ is attending Sally K. Ride Elementary as a kindergartner. His teacher's name is Mrs. Greer. While the mornings are much earlier than what we are used to, we have so far been able to get out the door and have everyone where they need to be on time. With that said, TJ is definitely not a morning person, so we need to continue to work on our strategy for getting him moving in the morning so we are not constantly hounding him. Additionally, an earlier morning means an earlier bedtime, so we are trying to have all three kids with Lights Out at 7:30. We eat dinner at 6:00, and this means heading straight to bed after that. While this means less family activity time in the evening, it also means that Scott and I have regained some free-time for a full two hours before we have to head to bed!
So far, Scott has been riding bikes with TJ to school, but when I have the kids alone and have to get to work, I will plan to drive TJ to school, and then head to Luka's school and drop him a bit early. (TJ has to be there at 7:50, and Luka's class doesn't start until 9:00) I really don't want to make two separate trips.
On a side but related note, Luka is totally reading, and he seems to just love it. Last Saturday night, he picked up one of TJ's little readers, and started pretending to read, but he actually read the correct words. He totally surprised himself, and he surprised me as well, and right then and there he decided to read 10 of those books that very night! How could I say no to that? So, TJ soon fell asleep, and Luka read 10 books to me. After 45 minutes, I was asking if we could go to bed, but he was bound and determined. Another example of his perseverance shining through.
Mikayla has a new little routine as well. We are so thrilled to have Regina (Re-HEE-na, in espanol) as her care-giver. Regina reads to her, takes her on stroller rides, and pulls out interesting toys for her to play with. Regina comes on MWF, when I am working, and it is so nice not to have to pack (or unpack) anything on a daily basis for Mikayla. Regina also does the cleaning, laundry, and cooking; I am so grateful to have dinner on the table after a full day's work!
Last but hopefully not least, on the days I go into the office, here is what I look like: Work bag with laptop, lunch, and pump. One day this week I had to come back for my lunch, and then today I got all the way to the parking lot and realized I didn't have my computer! Just not quite in the groove yet I guess...
No comments:
Post a Comment