All stages in life come to an end, some with more finality than others. Tomorrow I head back to work after 6 1/2 months leave. I have mixed feelings, but in the end, were money not a factor, I honestly think I could see myself staying at home full-time. In some ways, I feel like I am just getting into the groove of staying at home. In other ways, I do miss my job, the structure it provides, and the challenge it gives me as a professional.
So tomorrow, Mikayla and TJ will be here with Regina, and Luka goes off to school. Scott comes home tomorrow night. Tonight, I am making my lunch and Luka's, packing up the pump, thawing milk, packing my work bag, and packing Luka's back-pack...all regular to do items in the nightly routine of life these next coming months for me.
On a side note, on Saturday morning, Luka came downstairs and woke me up, all excited that he had laid out and folded all of his clothes for the next day. He was so dissappointed when I had to explain to him that the next day was Sunday, and he had two more days until school started! It is a pure delight to witness his enthusiasm and anticipation for his school year to begin.
Little Mikayla...she just melts me every time I look at her, and of course the tears have come. I have been so fortunate to have her by my side every day for the first 6 months of her life. We are a duo now, in sync with each other, understanding each other with a look or a cry, and her giving me the smile of a lifetime whenever I need it. While I have left her with others for a couple hours at a time, she knows unfailingly that I will always return, and be there to nurse her before bed, and to share a few more cuddles. For these daily moments and memories of her first months, I am forever grateful.
So, off to bed I go, with (mostly) optimistic thoughts of a new challenge that lies just ahead...I think I might actually need to set my alarm...
No comments:
Post a Comment