We celebrated the birthdays this year last Saturday, January 28. What an unbelievable year it has been. When I think back to my birthday celebration last year, from the minute we left the house for dinner, to the moment we walked back into our home 9 hours later with a baby in our arms, I just can't quite believe it. Remember??
This year the celebration was very low key, which I am especially thankful for, since Mikayla was sick. Not only was she sick, but she was also seemingly fasting, because she almost ate nothing the whole month of January. But, she really was a trooper, and seemed to delight in the muffin, as well as her presents. But, as for the muffins, Regina and I had made carrot/apple muffins, but they pretty much turned out to be hard as rocks, and almost inedible. But, at least they looked festive!
We were so fortunate to have 3 of the 4 grandparents in town for the celebration, Grandma, Grandpa, and Mimi. And, it was an absolutely gorgeous brisk day, so the older kids played on the trampoline most of time. I had made a big pot of chili, salad, and cornbread, and some big M&M cookies.
Speaking of food, I don't want to jinx anything, but we may be turning a corner. Gradually, over the last week, Mikayla has shown a renewed interest in almost everything we have put in front of her. While still not huge on fruits and vegetables this past weekend, she loved her meals of salmon, tofu, and beans. But tonight, she literally ate at least a cup of sweet and sour chicken, including, peas, red pepper, pineapple. She wolfed it down to my surprise and I couldn't keep it on her tray fast enough. This is just not the Mikayla I know, but I'll take it!
Back to the party, Mikayla very much enjoyed her presents. Not only did she love the tissue paper, but she also seemed very interested in her new toys. I think she must be really tired of all the "baby" toys, as am I. To note, Mikayla received her very first baby dolls. One soft cushy doll from her cousins, and a few that sweet Lauren had chosen from her collection to give to Mikayla. How sweet (and yet, I still don't quite believe I have dolls in my house.)

Other updates:
-Mikayla is crawling all around the house and loves to be on the floor exploring.
-She is pulling up on everything - kitchen chairs, the fireplace step, the coffee table...anything she can find.
-She crawled to the top of the stairs just this morning.
-She is Chatty Cathy, and is loud, just like big brother.
Doctor stats:
So, we have a small child, but Dr. Parkerson really did not seem to have any issues at all with how she is tracking. We just need to continue to do all we can to give her good sources of iron (meat and green leafy vegetables) to boost her nutrition. So, while I've been able to get fruit built in (blueberry pancakes, apple and pineapple muffins, banana bread, etc.) I need to work on the greens, it seems!
All in all, a successful check-up, and a sweet content baby to top it all off.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKAYLA!
-Mikayla is crawling all around the house and loves to be on the floor exploring.
-She is pulling up on everything - kitchen chairs, the fireplace step, the coffee table...anything she can find.
-She crawled to the top of the stairs just this morning.
-She is Chatty Cathy, and is loud, just like big brother.
Doctor stats:
Weight: 17lbs, 8 oz (3.37th percentile, down from 12th)
Length :28.5" (26th percentile, down from 36th)
Head Circumference: 17.76" (48th percentile, down from 64th)So, we have a small child, but Dr. Parkerson really did not seem to have any issues at all with how she is tracking. We just need to continue to do all we can to give her good sources of iron (meat and green leafy vegetables) to boost her nutrition. So, while I've been able to get fruit built in (blueberry pancakes, apple and pineapple muffins, banana bread, etc.) I need to work on the greens, it seems!
All in all, a successful check-up, and a sweet content baby to top it all off.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKAYLA!

No comments:
Post a Comment