We are hitting the ground running and our schedules after school all synched up!
Monday:
10:00 - Mikayla has library toddler time
3:35 - hit the park for a snack on the way to piano
4:00 - Luka has piano (which he is loving)
5:00 - fast food night (boo)
5:30 - TJ has baseball practice
Tuesday:
4:00 - Luka as a Lego robotics class at 4:00
4:00 - TJ has a drawing class at 4:00
Wednesday:
3:45 - Luka has Spanish tutor
4:30 - TJ has Spanish tutor
Thursday:
9:00 - jog/park with Mikayla
10:00 - Mikayla has playgroup
3:30 - free time!
Friday:
freetime!
In between these activities, we try to practice Spanish and piano, do homework, and take practice spelling tests. I take the spelling words in the car, and we practice on the way to our activities. At the library each week, I get a stack of readers so the boys have new material to choose from each night. They each have to read at least 20 minutes each day. On longer drives, they take books to read in the car.
What are we doing for dinner?
It seems easier to juggle work and activities this year - maybe because I am just used to it. I work Monday and Thursday a few hours from home, and Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday all day. If Scott is working those days, then I have to block off my calendar each day to make sure I have no meetings occurring when I need to pick them up. I have to leave work at 2:30, pick them up, get them settled in at home, and then log on to work the rest of the time from home. Wait, did the boys ride their bikes to school that day? If so, we have to pile them in the pack on the van. This morning, did I remember to take the sign that we need to have in order to pick up the boys from school? Or do I have to stop off first at home to pick it up? Can Erin pick the boys up to go to drawing/Lego class so I don't have to leave work again to drop them off? Let me text her real quick. "I'll be happy to pick up all the boys and drop off James at 5:30."
What should we have for dinner?
Did I remember to put the checkbook in to pay the piano teacher? Did I leave a check out for the Spanish tutor? Need to call the doctor - Mikayla still has not pooped out the marble she swallowed from Saturday night. Oops. TJ's homework notebook didn't come home today in his backpack, so now we can't work on homework. I'd better email the teacher to see if she forgot to send it and if it will come home tomorrow. Looks like we got a birthday party invitation on October 6 for one of Luka's friends. Need to RSVP. "Yes, we can come, and Luka is looking forward to it." Chuckie Cheese again. Can't wait for that one. Luckily the boys are getting old enough that you can drop them off and run. Except one thing. Kids birthday parties are about our only social life right now, and I know a lot of the parents that will be there, so I'd better plan on going. Also, need to get a gift for the birthday boy so let me write that down on the list real quick before I forget. Also for the to do list: I need a hair cut desperately, boys need a dentist appointment, and let me check the Mother's of the Woodlands Calendar to see if there are any playgroups tomorrow for Mikayla. While I'm at it, any Groupons I just have to have? Nope, but the photographer emailed back and November 9 is just fine for the family photo shoot. Mark the calendar. Oh, and the babysitter can come on October 6. But are we doing dinner before-hand or not? Better email Erin to confirm and will have to get back with the baby-sitter.
I need to run to quick get a few groceries for dinner.
Daily, lunches have to be unpacked and repacked. Snack goes in the outside pocket of the backpacks. TJ needs 1 water bottle and Luka needs two, because he can only drink for "1,2,3" counts at the drinking fountain and he "gets dehydrated." He likes to keep one bottle at his desk and the other goes in his lunchbox. Need to send an apple to school today for counting project. Don't forget! Meeting at the school today at 2:15 for all the volunteers. Cut Luka's toenails!
Phew.
Intertwined in all of this is work. And yes, my work and personal life are totally mixed. I do personal things at work, and I work when it is supposed to be personal time. This is the only way for me to get everything done without letting anything slide. I'm so fortunate to have a work situation that allows me the flexibility to do this!
Well, this entry certainly took an unexpected turn...details! I wrote this for me. So that when the kids are old and grown, I can look back on this and say, "Wow, you certainly tried your best!"
No comments:
Post a Comment