The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Monday, March 25, 2013

Nighttime Routine

Mikayla is a pretty good sleeper, once she gets to sleep.  For some reason, if I am the last one in her room, she does not go down well and cries for quite some time.  What I have realized, is that if anyone but me puts her to bed, she willingly lays down, is quiet, and goes to sleep without a fuss.  Once I realized this, I quickly went to Plan B.

When Scott is home, he is always the last one in her room to say goodnight.  Mikayla has almost always responded better to Daddy than Mommy in the middle of the night, so it is not a surprise that she goes down well for him.

If Papa is there, he is the one to put her to bed.  When he walks out, he says, "Mommy isn't coming back.  Can Mikayla lay down and go to sleep?"  She responds with the sweetest "Ok."  And than we usually do not hear another word, unless she decides to sing to herself.

If I am home alone with the kids, than it is TJ who works the magic.  I read her a few stories and get her room ready (music, white noise, etc.) and then have TJ go in and read her one last story, and then turn out the light.  She doesn't make a peep.  He is delighted with his job, and never hesitates to go put her to bed when asked.  It makes us all feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment