Just about every day now, Scott and I trade really cute stories about things that Mikayla says. She is really so articulate and so talkative, we just crack up when the most unexpected things come out of her mouth.
Like:
-She got water sprayed on her from the hose and kept trying to dig her undies (unsuccessfully) out of her bottom. She finally turns to me and says, "Mommy, my underwear won't get out of my butt crack."
-"Mommy, you know Saxon, he dooos like this: haa haa haa haa" (as if she were panting like a dog).
-Every week, Mikayla takes the boys to drum and piano lessons. There are these very tempting candy and gum machines right inside the front door. Every week she asks for gum, and every week we say "we're not going to spend our money on that." Last week, Scott was waiting for Luka to get done, and she comes around the corner with a huge wad of gum.
Dad: Where did you get that Mikayla?
M: The machine.
Dad: Where did you get money for the machine?
M: My pocket.
Dad: How did the money get in your pocket?
M: My hand put it there.
Dad: Where did your hand get the money to put it there?
M: From TJ's room.
Dad: From TJ's room?
M: Yeah!
Dad: Did you ask TJ for money?
M: No.
Dad: So you stole money from TJ's room in order to put money in the gum machine at drum lessons?
M: Yeah, but it's ok Daddy, see? I have gum now!
Dad: TJ, what do you think about that?
TJ: I think it's hilarious!
M: See Dad? It's ok!
And well, it wouldn't be complete without a pacy story, but this picture I snapped as we were on our way out the door to church. Never would I have thought that my 3 yr. old would have known how to play with dart guns. The boys have taught her all the moves. I had to put it on Facebook for a caption contest because there are just so many things I could have said.
Here were some of the better ones:
"Don't let the passy fool you. I'm more woman than you could ever hope to handle."
"Go ahead. Make my day."
"This is my poker face."
"What you see is what you get."
"Freeze dirtbag!"
"Hand over the Kool aid and no one gets hurt!"
And a quick tidbit - Mikayla and her dad have been swimming just about everyday. Right at the end of the summer, she got a huge confidence boost and started only wanting to "swim" without her floaties. She is jumping off the steps and staying afloat, but is still a master at not getting her nose in the water while she is swimming. In any case, Scott is really good at working at it with her, and we hope she will truly be swimming soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment