The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Thursday, October 8, 2015

From the Perspective of a 4-yr. Old With Pink Boots

Mikayla says so many cute things, and I try to write them down as I can because I know I will look back and laugh one day!  Here are a few that really made us chuckle.

After being sick for several days on the Colorado trip, Mikayla was really run down.  One morning, she was running around with a smile.  Scott asked, "Do you feel better today?"  She replied, "No, I still feel lousy."  Scott responded, "But you have a smile on your face."  She promptly stated, "Well, it’s a beautiful day!"  This really gets to her demeanor; she is so positive and so upbeat, even when she isn't feeling well.



Mikayla: Mom, do you know how to say "quesadilla" in espanol?
Me: No, how?
Mikaya: "Tortilla!"
I'm so very glad to know that this is what my $600 a month of Spanish School tuition has gotten me.

Mikaya loves to sing in the car - she makes up lyrics and tunes all the time.  One time, she was just singing"la la la la” in the car.  Scott started singing along.  She promptly interrupts him and says “Daddy stop singing or you’ll mess me up.”

 

Another one of my favorites is that she always asks us to turn her shirt "inside in" if it is inside out.

After I was late to work her first day of school, because I had to wait for her to wake up so I could do her hair, because Scott couldn't do it...and then  she was screaming for 15 minutes the whole time I did it, I decided that as much as I love her long hair, I just couldn't take it anymore.  So, it got chopped.  Admittedly, I look back at pictures and wish it was still long, but ultimately, our mornings are much happier, and she can brush her own hair (or Daddy can!) and we have eliminated that struggle from our daily routine.  And...it will grow back out someday, right?!


The picture in yellow is how she dressed for church one day, after Mimi sent her a bright new yellow shirt and bow.  For some reason, those pink boots have become her standard choice for Sunday mornings.

#lovemesomepinkcowgirlboots

(I have to add that for my fake twitter account, because I know one day we will look back on these "tweets" and say, "Oh my gosh, do you remember when twitter was around?"


No comments:

Post a Comment