The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Sunday, November 13, 2016

A Day to Remember

We all have those moments that, when they happen, we know we will never forget them.  I had one of those days a few weeks back, when Mikayla was going to Norah's birthday party, and I was going to "do something special" with the boys.  So many times this has been the plan, and then it gets overshadowed by the fighting and the inability for these two brothers to be within 50 feet of each other, most of the time.

This day, however, was different for some reason.  We headed to the Museum of Natural Science to see the Dinosaur exhibit.  We touched dinosaur poop, we marveled at the T-Rex with a broken tail, and we felt dinosaur skin.  Not only did we enjoy the actual exhibit more than we thought we would, but we laughed, we joked, we got lost together in the dark room of the gemstone gallery, and we truly had a great time - just the 3 of us.  It was a rare moment in the raising of these two boys that I will never forget. 

After the museum, walking back to the car, I was somewhat able to capture the true emotion of the day - the orneriness, the glimmer in their eyes, and the fun of just being together.  Truly a day to never forget.






No comments:

Post a Comment