When deciding what activity to choose this fall, Mikayla had no hesitation. She was definitely excited about soccer. This was surprising, considering that last season, she didn't show much interest and was complaining about the games. Before signing her up, I asked several times if she was sure that soccer was her choice. "Yes Mom, because I like the snacks." Well, at least there is truth at 5-years old. I continued to suggest alternative options...T-ball, gymnastics, etc. Nope, soccer it is.
So, the season ended last week. She was remarkably engaged, considering her motivation, but there was definitely a cart wheel or two and nose digging in the middle of the games. Also, it never failed that at some point during the 3rd quarter, she would run over to the sideline closer to us and yell, "Mom, is it almost over?" Of course the crowd laughed each time. We'll see what the spring brings us.






No comments:
Post a Comment