Admittedly, not a favorite post of mine, but at the same time, more of a marker for the kid's blog books. Yes, I turned 35 last week, amidst the last minute travel to Chicago. With that said, I am really enjoying my life right now. So, perhaps that comes with maturity and wisdom, but none-the-less I understand what people mean when they say life just keeps getting better. (Perhaps that is why it still gets harder to see the years tick by?)
While in Chicago actually on my birthday, I enjoyed a very nice Thai food birthday dinner with Mom and the boys. But then, I came back from Chicago on Saturday in order to participate in a GNO or MNO, whatever your preference. (Girls or Moms night out.) I did organize it somewhat to commemorate the occasion, but most importantly I just wanted to be surrounded by women and moms who I respect and care about, and whose friendships have impacted me since being in Houston. Some were new friends, some were "old" friends, some were related (guess who?), but sometimes it is amazing to me the friendships that have taken hold post-college. It's hard to part from college friends; somehow my bond with "Hospital House" roomies can never be replaced, but the new friendships that blossom at different points in my life for various reasons are each nurturing and comforting in their own special way.
Last but certainly not least, my family ties, extended and immediate are so essential to me. What a surprise to have Von, Andrea and Ally, and my mom and sister and I all together for a little surprise birthday cake here in Texas? And thanks to Dad who came down on Sunday to give a lesson in Greek cuisine over a birthday lunch. Who would have thought that 12 years ago...
And my dear thoughtful husband and the boys...I got to sleep in uninterrupted for my birthday until 9:30! ( I was catching up from playing musical beds each night in Chicago.) I was showered with flowers and gifts and family love. To see how the boys' faces lit up when presenting me with my made-from-scratch organic chocolate birthday cake! A thanks to my wonderful hubby for his presence in my life, and for being there on a random Tuesday morning, with the kids in school, and enjoying uninterrupted conversation over a cup of coffee. Like I said, life just gets better.
No comments:
Post a Comment