The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Monday, February 1, 2010

Four Generations

Our time with Great Grandma and Grandpa Garber was just so delightful!  We didn't leave the house once, (it was freezing!) but managed to find great entertainment.  The kids were fascinated for many hours with the silly putty and Valentine socks that G & G gave to them.  And with the chocolate and fruit snacks, they really thought they had hit the jackpot!  How lucky they are to have great-grandparents to spoil them.

I was working on and off throughout the day, but I'm afraid I wore G & G out for about 30 stressful minutes when I had an important work call and the video was all of a sudden no longer doing the trick for the kids.  G & G were very resourceful and made a gate (with their bodies) at the top of the stairs, and didn't let the kids down.  It totally worked, except for the 30 minutes of mental stress for all 5 of us (Mimi was at work) but gosh, in the long run, perhaps it was a bonding experience for the four of them?? (Ok, wishful thinking, but thank you G & G!)

How incredible and meaningful it is to know that my two boys will have memories of their great-grandparents.  TJ loves to hear stories about when Scott and I were kids.  So, he sat on his Great-Grandma's lap for quite some time listening to her stories.  We learned that they would have oatmeal with cocoa every morning for breakfast, so guess what we had for breakfast that morning!

I had the best trip back to Chicago with my two not so little boys.  I was a bit cautious because it was my first time traveling with the boys by myself.  But, from the moment we got to the airport, they were just the sweetest most receptive kids, and we had so much fun!  The plane was full, but we got a row to ourselves, and they sat next to each other the entire flight, and only one time did they start picking on each other where I had to intervene.  We had fun eating lunch, we read stories, and I read several chapters out of my book while they watched a video.  I can't remember the last time I read on an airplane when flying with kids!  When we got on the bus to the parking lot, they were both sitting there so calm, and a lady remarked "what good kids you have!"  And yes, I beamed with pride at my two children.

No comments:

Post a Comment