The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Surprise! It's a...

...GIRL!

We are still a bit in shock.  Personally, I hadn't honestly let myself go down this potential path with any sincerity.  "A healthy baby" is what I kept telling myself, which of course is true, but now that we know it is a girl, I am so excited!

I think it is ok to speak for Scott...he describes his feelings as more nervous than anything.  But I certainly share that too.  Why does raising a girl seem so different and foreign than raising boys?  Well, I guess we'll find out.

While getting the ultrasound, the baby was all curled up at the beginning, and then 15 minutes, sitting cross-legged, so we were really uncertain that we'd even be able to find out the gender today.  Finally, the technician left the room and basically told me to stick my butt up in the air and keep my head down, to try to lodge the baby's bum out of my pelvis.  Well, it worked.  Three minutes of Down Dog, and I felt the baby twisting and turning around.  I guess she'd had enough.

The boys were so excited to see the baby on the monitor and hear the heartbeat.  They seemed to understand the pictures and what they were seeing.  They became a bit impatient and headed for the toys at one point, but Luka came back in shortly, just in time to hear the news.  As soon as he realized it, he ran down the hall to tell TJ, yelling all the way, "TJ, it's a girl!"  As of today, TJ is suggesting we name her Sara, and Luka is voting for Princess.  I'm not certain either of those will make the short list...

My favorite...great detail of her hand on her head.
More of a profile pic with her hand up to her face.
A little foot with all 5 toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment