The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Monday, March 7, 2011

5-week update

We are on the upswing! The weather is beautiful (noteworthy, since I am definitely affected by the weather) and Mikayla is doing great.



We took Mikayla for her monthly check last Thursday. We have been with Dr. Parkerson since we had TJ. Remarkable, since we often hear how so many parents seem to switch pediatricians at least once for one reason or another. Dr. Park continues to impress us. After sharing our trials of the past month, she reassured us that "no, you were definitely not starving your child, so you can let go of that" and then said that Mikayla checks out perfectly and seems extremely healthy. Dr. Park is always so attentive and genuine with the kids!

Current stats:
7 lbs, 12 oz (still tracking at least .5 oz. gain per day)
20 1/4 inches long
About 10th percentile for weight, head,and length, but tracking very well.
Full cheeks

In terms of nursing status, I feel like she is getting stronger everyday, and each day gets a bit easier. She seems to get filled up from nursing and actually has not had a bottle in almost 36 hours. (She will today, however, just because I want to go to the gym!) I'm still managing to put some in the freezer.

The last two nights have been good. She goes back to sleep after eating, and I am not pumping, so I'm getting 6-7 ours per night, and still look forward to naps.

On a funnier note, she is so noisy. We call her "Squeaky." She seriously squeaks when she sleeps and when she is content. When she is beginning to wake up, she starts this grunting noise. I say funny, but honestly, it does keep us up at night, so not sure how long she will last in our room, as convenient as it is. Also, she is the noisiest eater...she cannot suck or swallow without a gutteral sound to accompany it. So much for nursing in church with this Drama Queen!

Here are a couple of pictures from a recent bath, which she seems to hate, no matter how fast we go!





Let me leave you with this hilarious video...a great stress reliever and definitely worth your time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP4abiHdQpc

No comments:

Post a Comment