Spring is definitely here. I just love all the blooming trees and flowers. I'll never forget the first time I saw Texas Blue Bonnets. We were moving down to Texas from Kansas; the highways were lined with Indian Paintbrush and Texas Blue Bonnet flowers. After envisioning desert, cactus plants, and cowboys, I was pleasantly surprised. I thought to myself, "I think I can live here." That was in 1998. Thirteen years later, here we still are!
We have two large blooming white and one large blooming purple tree on our street each year. Once again, I didn't get any pictures, but this year, I've consciously encouraged the kids to watch the change in these trees daily. After only a week, the green leaves have taken over. We've also been attentively watching the little citrus tree that we have on our back patio, and we also planted a little garden for the first year. The kids seemingly appreciate the change in seasons and what that means for new growth.
One of my favorite traditions is taking pictures of the kids with the Blue Bonnets. Everyone, even Mikayla, was very cooperative. Check out these little springs pictures!
We were fortunate today to have Great Aunt Carol and Uncle Lavon visit today. What a treat! Luka called Carol "Rosie" only only one time, and kept saying "I remember you." Not sure which Great Aunt he was actually remembering.
Mikayla was in a very good mood for several hours and gave us many smiles. We had a real nice lunch (that MiMi brought, of course) and then we spent some time in the afternoon soaking up the warm sun at Creekside Park.
Mikayla was in a very good mood for several hours and gave us many smiles. We had a real nice lunch (that MiMi brought, of course) and then we spent some time in the afternoon soaking up the warm sun at Creekside Park.
No comments:
Post a Comment