Mikayla had her 2 month well check last week. The doctor in no uncertain terms said she is a perfectly healthy baby, and had absolutely no concerns. She is tracking well with her weight, responding well to stimulation, "talking" back when spoken to, etc.
Stats:
Weight: 9lbs, 5.7 oz (13th percentile)
Length :1' 9" (6th percentile)
Head Circumference: 14.76" (16th percentile)
Dr. Parkerson supported the decision to discontinue the oral/motor therapy that we were doing. Just more stress that is not needed at this point in time, and no full proof that it will for sure work. Additionally, in no uncertain terms, she told me to throw the pump in the trash. She suggested to nurse Mikayla every 3 hours, then offer the bottle to top her off, and she will either take it or she won't. Here were her reasons:
-Mikayla has already received breast milk when it is most beneficial.
-She has already certainly received the benefits of breast milk for the first few months of her life.
-I have two other kids to raise.
-I have two other kids to raise.
-I shouldn't want to miss out on the small joys (her smiles and cuddles, etc) by taking time at the pump.
All good reasons, of course, and certainly another end of the spectrum. But, there is another side to the story...MINE. I am not ready to give up the pump quite yet, for fear of my supply really decreasing, and in hopes that in another few weeks Mikayla's suck will be even stronger. However, I am going to take back the hospital grade once this month's lease is over, and I'm not going to continue taking all of the supplements that I have been. Still one step at a time, one day at a time.
In the meantime, we are loving the little coos and smiles that we get frequently now. Mikayla seems to be very responsive to talking and comforting, and the boys just love to entertain her right now. They get right down in her face and talk in a real high pitch, and it is hilarious that reactions they get from her!
This is what I found when I came home from the Y one day:
This is what I found when I came home from the Y one day:
No comments:
Post a Comment