This time of year, we are outside a lot. Before the real heat hits, we love to be in and around the back yard, playing with water, on the jungle gym, in the garage, on the street shooting hoops or throwing frisbee. With the exception of the mosquitoes, which really seem to love Luka and me the most, it is a great way to spend our afternoons and evenings. (Notice I did not say "relaxing" on the back patio...)
While outside, however, dinner is always on my mind with 5 hungry mouths to feed. And, if you don't anticipate the hunger, before you know it there are 3 very cranky kids. We usually end up just throwing a few things on the grill and just keep it as simple as possible. (Of course, with Mikayla's eating habits, I end up spending a bit more time anyway just to ensure she gets something down.)
The other night, we cooked up some hamburgers, and I thought I'd try to
capture a bit about these (usually) most pleasant evenings.




No comments:
Post a Comment