The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Friday, June 7, 2013

30 Months Going On 12 Years Old

Mikayla continues to make us laugh, frustrate us, and amaze us!  A few quick notes about this precious little girl:

Her use of words and phrases seems way beyond her years. 
-I put her in the car seat the other day, and as I sat down in the driver's seat, she said "Shut the door, mom!"

-Tonight, she was calling Luka's name and he would not respond.  Finally she said, "Luka, look...at...me!"

-She was riding her little bee around the house yelling "Be quiet, mom, be quiet!"  (I was trying to help TJ with his homework.)

-At least once a day she says, "Mimi? Papa? Khago?" (Chicago?)

Mikayla is a party girl.  At TJ's party, we found her dancing by herself in the garage.  The other day, the song Gangham Style came on.  Not exactly appealing lyrics for a two year old, but nonetheless, she came running when she heard the song saying "Mama, Gaga hi, gaga hi!"  And, she proceeded to do the dance, crossing and flapping her arms and the whole bit.  Oh my!

Mikayla seems to have her Daddy's circadian schedule.  She can stay up until 10:00, without having napped that day, and be a perfectly happy, well-adjusted contributor to the family's evening activities.  Then, she is not afraid to sleep in until 10:00 the next morning.  Last night she was in bed at 8:00 p.m., and did not crawl out of bed today until after 9:00.  I have realized that a key time for me to get stuff done around the house is between 7-9:00 a.m.!

Mikayla REFUSES to let me do her hair.  I mean, I am talking kicking, screaming, crawling away, the whole bit.  To make matters worse, when I come home from work, Regina has managed to not only do her hair, but to put cute little braids and pony tails in it.  When I see that cute hair, I just hope to myself that the rubber bands are in tight enough that the hair will stay like it is for at least one more day.

She is also now refusing to wear any type of dress at all. You know, the cute little 2T summer dresses?  Again, a kicking and screaming tantrum if I even suggest that she wear a dress.  Right now, she only wants to wear this particular fish t-shirt with googly eyes, and a pair of shorts.  Again, oh my!

Little.Stinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment