The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Sunday, July 14, 2013

2 1/2 Years Old

On July 28, Mikayla will turn 2 1/2.  She is a complete joy.  We laugh everyday at her antics.  She keeps it light in the household in her own special way.

Her language skills and what pops out of her mouth are really the funniest.  She says things you just wouldn't normally hear come out of a 2-yr old's mouth.

The other day, she turned around out of the blue and called to me, "Little Stinker!"

I also heard her walking around the house saying to herself, "Booty butt, booty butt."  Sigh.  I wonder where she got that.  (Interestingly, I remember that as a favorite of mine and Angie's as well as we were growing up.)

She is totally into the "Why?" phase.  And I mean, she can ask it 5 times in a row before I finally say, "because I said so."

When she wants you to go with her some where, she'll pat her legs and say, "Mama, come!  Come here!"  Yes, just as if you were a dog.

She is fascinated with doors right now since she can now open and close them on her own. When I was working Friday, she opened the door, popped her head in, said, "Mama, I be back." And then, with a big smile, she promptly shut the door again.

She is also fascinated with her poop.  When she lays down to be changed she wants to "shake it" first, meaning she lifts her hips up in the air and shakes them around.  Then, she insists on seeing the poop every time.  It's one of those things - if she doesn't see it, she throws a fit.  It's one of those "pick your battle" deals.  After she sees it, it's a guarantee that she will say, "Oooh, yuck!"

Mikayla officially has two blankets, a pacifier, and a big pink stuffed bear that are her "loveys."  A bit of a pain to keep track of them, let me tell you.  This is a pretty typical picture of how she comes down each morning.  Note the hair - a continued constant struggle.  I think the pacifier in the picture went through a round in the garbage disposal.  Why it wasn't thrown in the trash I have no idea, but she still prefers it for some reason.  Whenever I ask her to put her pacy in her room, she pretty quickly obliges, so we haven't pushed the pacifier issue too much at this point. This is a picture of pretty much what she looks like every morning when she comes down the stairs, asking if she can "watch wee wee."


Mikayla hates dresses (I think I might have mentioned this before) and she loves to run around with her shirt off, just like her brothers.  Not sure at what point that will be in appropriate!  In these pictures, I got her distracted enough with legos this morning that I was actually able to do her hair a slip a "dress" on her.  First time ever that she has worn this one, and will probably be the last.  I had to put shorts on underneath because it was so short already.  In any case, we made it to church looking decent.
 



The last picture, however, is what she looked like at the end of the day, after a car ride, nap, (she didn't actually sleep but really trashed her room again) a jog in the stroller, chalk, a bike ride, and the black marker you can't see on her hands and the bottom of her feet.  Pretty typical.


Potty training is hit or miss these days.  Many days we all (including her) just seem to want a diaper on so we don't have to deal with it.  I'm really not into pushing the process and cleaning up messes in the meantime.  I have already had to take the car seat cover off twice in the last month in order to wash it, and that is certainly not how I choose to spend my time.

Eating is the same old story as well.  We can never predict what she will or won't eat.  I'm pretty sure she had chips and a juice box the other night for dinner.  At least I've found these juice boxes that are all fruits and vegetables and no added sugar.  I also buy the green Odwalla juice, which she loves.  I figure at least I can get some intense doses of "green" even if she only has 1/8th of a cup!

Scott and I both lost track of her yesterday afternoon, thinking the other one had her.  When he walked in on her in the kitchen, she had the cheerios out and was filling her bowl.  He asked, "who said you could have those cheerios?"   She promptly replied, "ME!"

Stats:
Length = 34" (18th percentile)
Weight - 25 lbs (12th percentile)
Weight compared to length she is 25 percentile

No comments:

Post a Comment