The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Kids Say the Darndest Things

The boys were totally cracking me up tonight.

Luka: TJ, hit your head and hurt yourself!
TJ: No!
Luka: Please, hurt yourself!
Me: Why do you want him to hurt himself?
Luka: Because TJ said he is British and if you are British you don't cry.

Huh?

Me: Oh really?  Do you guys know what British means?
Luka: I do! I do!  Me first! Me first! It's...um...when...um...you have, like a book, and...um...like, you put your hands on the book...and...um...you-you-you try to feel the bumps, and um...so you can read.
Me:  (totally cracking up)  Oh, great try Luka.  I think you mean Braille though.  TJ what do you think British is?

TJ:  It's when you speak another kind of English.
Me:  Well, yeah, that's pretty good.  Do you know where British people are from?
TJ: Austin!
Luka: You mean British people come out of Austin's tummy?

Really?  I guess they know someone named Austin best I can figure.

Me: Well, no.  Austin is in Texas.  TJ why would people from Austin speak another kind of English?
TJ: No, I mean the state of Austin, not the Austin in Texas.

It's all just a wee bit perplexing.

No.More.Words.Necessary.

Here are a few pictures of the hooligans who thought it would be funny to dress in the same underwear last night.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment