The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

So As Not To Forget

The kids have come up with a couple of doozies recently that I don't want to forget.

Mikayla is turning out to be quite the jokester:

Mommy, are we going to the Y?
No, Home Depot.
Home Depot?
Yes, Home Depot.
Home Depot is deep.
Deep?
Yes, deep...just kidding!
You're kidding?
No, I Mikayla!

Now, everytime you say something like "You're silly!" or "You're a stinker!" she responds every time with, "No, I Mikayla!"

TJ, on the other hand, had an upset stomach and ended up sitting on the pot for quite some time.  Soon after, as I as tucking him into bed, he says:

Awww, my nipple is hurting.
What?
It hurts!
Were you pinching it or something?
No, it just feels like The Diarrhea is in my nipple now.

Wow and totally LOL.  What??

I have my own fair share of idiom trouble.  These little jokes are often shared between my mom and sister and me.  My latest:

Rob Peter to pay Mary  (...pay Paul, not Mary, as in the trio Peter, Paul, and Mary!)

So, I actually didn't say this out loud, but I most definitely thought about it and knew something wasn't right, so I kept my mouth shut!

In fact, I kept a log of these at one point.  Most of the time, Scott is the happy recipient and we both get a good laugh.  And you know, the worst part is, is that when one attempts to use an idiom, it is to really drive home a point.  (My gosh, while just typing this, I first typed "bring home" instead of "drive home.") Some of my others include:

Mightier than thou (Holier than thou)
Get my ducks in an order (get my ducks in a row)
Happy as a clown  (happy as a clam)
She totally back-fired (instead of back-peddled)

Angie responded back with "I'm happy to say that I used one properly this morning on the phone with dad: Take it with a grain of salt.
P.S. What are you supposed to be as happy as? I can't think of many things that are happier than a clown!"

Here are some of my moms:
Responding to Ron about something, I said that I felt "backed into a hole."  He asked "how do you back into a hole?"  (I of course meant "corner.")

Yesterday talking with a friend, she was telling me about a friend of hers who died of cancer and I said "that is so heart wrenching," and she said "yes, it is so gut wrenching."

No comments:

Post a Comment