The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Little Stinker

Mikayla is so full of it we can hardly stand it!  Sometimes we will just all burst out laughing at her comments.  She really speaks like she is much older than she is.

M: Where we going?
Scott: To the bank
M: Why?
S: I have to get some money
M: I don't want to
S: We went to see Mr. Steve at the library, and then we went to the Merry-Go-Round, and after the bank, we are going to go home.
M: Meany!

Mikayla (as a motorcycle flies by): Oooh, motorcycle Mommy!
Me: Yes I see that
M: That cooh Mommy?

Pushing Mikayla in the stroller while I am running, she continues to engage me in conversation.  After about 20 min:

Me: Mikayla, it is hard for Mommy to talk right now.  Can you sing?
M:  Awww....Meany!
Me:  I'm mean?
M: Yes.  I'm NAD (mad) at you!
Me: You're mad at me.
M: Yes. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7.  I no nad Mommy.
Me:  You're not mad anymore?
M: No, I calm.
Me: You're calm now?
M: No, I Mikayla

Mikayla burped real loud.
Me: What do you say?
M: 'Scuse me!
Me: You're excused.
M: No, I Mikayla

-----------------------
From Ont Onchee:

Hey! Just paid our fun run pledges. I meant to mention after I talked to the boys on the phone that it was funny how Luka seemed to have his spiel down until he said, "...will you pledge me because if I get enough pledges than I can get cool prizes..." then I heard you say something in the background and he corrected himself by saying, "...I mean then we can get supplies for our school. " Hilarious!
AND, I loved my conversation with Mikayla: 

M: E Macy? 
Ang: She's at home in bed. I'm at the grocery store.
M: at grocery store? 
Ang: Yep. I'm buying chicken. 
M: You buying chicken? 
Ang: Yep. Do you like chicken? 
M: I like chicken. 

Beep. End call. 

I'm still giggling about that one.

-----------------------
Additionally, Mikayla is a busy body.  At times she plays very nicely by herself, and at other times, you literally cannot leave her out of your sight. 

Mikayla left the dinner table one night, (which is not unusual as she really doesn't eat dinner).  We kept hearing a few little noises, but were engaged in conversation with the boys and didn't think much of it.  Turns out, she was behind the CD holder, pulling CDs off one by one...


I really can't remember what I was doing when she pulled all the bags out.  It did make a good excuse to sort through them all though, as clearly no one but a hoarder would need that many reusable bags...


The toilet episode was a fun one.  I forgot to lock the door to her bedroom, and she figured that out.  I heard noises up there, but thought she was just pulling the books off the shelves again.  Underneath all the crap, she put the rest of the toilet paper, AND she had been trying to flush multiple times.  Everything that she could reach was in there....



Regina gets very creative with Mikayla's hair and playtime.  She did some sort of circle braid that I could never replicate.  I really don't know how she gets her to sit still.  Another day, she built a fort out of her pack-n-play, and Mikayla thought that was pretty cool.  We continue to be so very thankful for Regina, her dependability, and her care for Mikayla.  Mikayla told her the other day "I no want go to school.  I want you take care of me."  Awww.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment