The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Friday, November 15, 2013

Looney Tunes Birthday

Happy birthday Luka!  I know I say this each year with each of my kids, but I Can't Believe he's already 7 and They Sure Do Grow Up Fast.

Luka did not seem to fumble around at all when I asked him what kind of party he wanted.  For some reason, Looney Tunes stuck in his head, and that was that.  Scott and I both grew up watching Bugs Bunny, and Tweety & Sylvester.  Turns out, Scott had VHS recordings of many of the shows from when he was growing up, so those are now favorites of our kids as well.  All three of them often walk around the house quoting from the shows...

What WAS a big decision, however, was where to have the party.  The boys are lucky enough to have friends who often have big birthday parties at venues such as Pump It Up, Main Event, etc.  While we enjoy attending these parties, I keep telling the kids that that is just not how Mommy and Daddy choose to spend their money.  So, we finally agreed to have the party at our house.  And why not?  With the play set, trampoline, and just about every kind of toy you can ride, most kids have a great time here!

While we originally scheduled for Saturday, only 2 of Luka's friends could come.  That Tuesday, we rescheduled at the last minute to Friday, and I think about 15 kids came at that point.  Geesh! So, we lit up the back yard, tied up some balloons, cleaned out the garage, and had us a Looney time!




The kids were warming up the driveway before the guests arrived.  I love Mikayla's face as she is riding her car.


So, riding a Rip Stick is one thing.  I can't even begin to do it.  TJ drinks his can (of cranberry juice?  I think he just wanted a can of anything...) while riding it.


The new trick of the night was to attempt to ride the big wheel over the ramp.  Not sure that anyone ever made it over, but there were a couple of good spills for sure.






Luka, you continue to be full of surprises and drama.  Even keel still doesn't really describe you; you are usually pretty lively or else fairly upset, and that is what makes you you! The only thing really consistent is that you are loud.  Period. You are full of love and hugs and welcome public affection, even right outside your school as we say good-bye in the morning.  You usually have some sort of ailment, whether it be mosquito bites (you are the first to get eaten), cold sores, an ear-ache, or a rash on your wrist.  You love bracelets and anklets and usually have on at least 4 on each limb on any given day.  You still love piano, and we love to hear you play!  You're a fairly avid reader, and right now, you really into making Rainbow Loom bracelets!

Happy birthday 7-year old!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment