The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Friday, November 1, 2013

The Tooth Fairy Isn't Real!

While Scott was on a trip, TJ was digging through Scott's stuff in his closet, and found one of his teeth.  He came running to me, "Mom, DAD is the tooth fairy! I found my tooth!" At his point I'm thinking, no disappointment?  No tears?

Both the boys erupted in pure laughter.  They thought it was hilarious!  Giggling all the time, they kept coming up with more questions for me:

-So DAD put the money under the pillow?
-Who wrote the letter from the Tooth Fairy when I lost my first tooth?
-Where are all my other teeth?
-Did you see the note I left the tooth fairy the last time?
-So really, it is just YOUR dollars?
-How come you gave me $2 the first time and $1 the next time?
I just listened with curiosity and let them work through it all in their head. The conversation soon came around to Santa Claus, and I thought to myself "Uh oh, here we go."  And I was secretly thinking, "Oh please don't make me pretend one more year that Santa Claus actually exists."  But I was a bit surprised when Luka announced, with 100% certainty, "Uh YES!  Santa totally exists!  There is no way HE is not real!"

Luka just lost his first tooth!  When it first became loose, he was so excited, since many of the other kids in his class had already lost several teeth.  Right before it came out, he could push it out completely horizontally and it was so time for it to come out!  The parents were also ready, because in true drama fashion, anytime Luka would eat anything, even yogurt, he would scream out very loudly several times throughout the process.  Sigh.

Luka's loose tooth reminded TJ of the story about when he was in school with a loose tooth, and he twisted it 180 degrees, and then couldn't twist it back, so he had to go to the nurse.  The nurse took one look at that tooth and promptly pulled it right out!  TJ is still laughing about that one.


No comments:

Post a Comment