Well, can't believe I am already 30 weeks. Once the holidays are past, the date will practically be here! I am so anxious to see what she will look like, considering our two kids right now don't look much alike especially.
I've been sensing Braxton-Hicks contractions quite frequently since quite early on in the pregnancy. Once night last week, for about 1 1/2 hours, I had a contraction about every 3-4 minutes, and they were pretty strong. Not painful, just very hard. Scott and I were laying in bed timing them and it was amazing how hard my uterus felt. (Sorry if that is TMI.) So, that was a bit scary.
I called the mid-wife the next day, and especially based on TJ coming at 33 weeks, she wanted me to immediately start on Calcium/Magnesium every 4 hours to help prevent them. She told me no more exercise, and to really take it easy, as the contractions are a direct result of physical activity. She actually asked if she needed to take me out of work, and I kinda of chuckled to myself, knowing full well that I am way less active in front of the computer all day as opposed to running around the house with kids.
So, I can handle an order not to exercise (hard as it may be.) And, were the baby to come early, I know we could handle that too, but we are not about to sit around and not do anything about trying to prevent it. And, truly, I was having a contraction every time I stood up, so they were very frequent and somewhat uncomfortable. I've been on Cal/Mag and reduced activity for 4 days now, and I feel so much better. The contractions are definitely less frequent, and when I do get them they are not nearly as strong, so I feel like we are back in control.
I'm also taking heavy doses of Vitamin C to prevent my water from breaking, as well as really focusing on seafood, protein (75 g per day) and dairy (4 servings per day.) I always thought I ate pretty healthy during the previous two pregnancies, but I never really had any direct guidelines, so I appreciate the very specific nutritional advice I'm getting this round. Hopefully it will all make a difference...
No comments:
Post a Comment