A few notes:
-We do seem to have our days and nights confused. Mikayla often sleeps for hours at a time during the day, and then seems to fuss at night, or, maybe she's just a noisy sleeper?
-Breastfeeding is painful. She definitely prefers righty, but nursing on lefty at one point was so painful that I almost passed out. Bring on the nipple shield and lanolin. Still waiting to heal...
-She loves to lay on my chest and feel my heartbeat, and she tucks her little legs so far up under her that you can just imagine how she was in utero. I often nap with her like this, day and night.
-She has daddy's dimples, and TJ's almond eyes. Her toes and fingers seem long and lean and perfect, so definitely not Daddy's feet, and certainly not the Garber fingers...
-Grandparents are a lifesaver. We continue to feel so fortunate to always have help, especially when Scott is out of town. MiMi looks forward to mornings with the kids and Chilli.
Wow—that's one serious crew!
ReplyDeleteI hadn't had a chance to say it yet, but congratulations on Mikayla! Amanda and I were so amazed the photos of the birth. It looked so natural and the photos are really beautiful.
It sounds like everybody is doing well, which is great. I can't wait to meet her!
Matt