We had our third annual chili dinner before trick-or-treating again this year. We were joined by the Histand family and the Backhouse family (new friends from school) but their kids weren't up for pictures. So, it was Mikayla and 7 older boys!
After the 5th house or so, however, she became more interested in the tootsie pop, so we put her in the wagon and the tootsie pop lasted the rest of the way. Unfortunately, Scott's costume did not. As you can see from the picture, she was a bit taken aback, and this picture was taken right before she burst into tears because she didn't know who he was. So, he had take off his costume the rest of the night. (Not sure exactly what he was trying to be anyway!)
After 30 minutes or so, TJ got hot and decided he was done trick-or treating, so he stripped down to tennis shoes, shorts, and no shirt, and walked home. Done. Luka got tired and wanted to ride in the wagon the rest of the way home. Before crawling into bed he said, "Mommy, I don't like trick-or treating. I couldn't see with my pirate patch, and I lost my earring. And all you do is walk around a lot and get a bunch of junk!" I told him I would be happy to stay home with him next year...
Happy Halloween!!




No comments:
Post a Comment