The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Friday, November 30, 2012

My Evening

First, let me just say that my blog entries are really suffering, thanks to Words With Friends.  So is my book reading.  And, I have a stack of magazines about 10 high that I haven't even opened once.  And, to those "friends" who I play with daily, (you know who you are!) I love it!

Back to my evening:

I had to laugh at a Facebook post the other day.  It was right after I had a pretty eventful evening the night before.


First, when I get home from work, Mikayla is particularly clingy.  I just have to remember that she needs time to cuddle and make the transition from Regina to me.  Amidst her clingyness, Regina told me that Sax peed twice, as he had the day before.  I'm fed up and decide that I need to get out the steam cleaner tonight once and for all. 

While I am getting dinner, Luka is up in his room, a bit quiet for Luka, if you know what I mean, and then comes down and it appears that he has decided to cut his hair, after I just spent $15 on a haircut yesterday at the mall (which was only the 2nd time ever that I have had it professionally cut). 

While I am "fixing" his hair (all of 5 min.) I come out to find that Mikayla has dumped a good 2 cups worth of shampoo all over the couch cushion.  While I am quickly peeling off the cover of the cushion to throw it in the washer, (not sure if it will survive the washer, even on delicate, but I don't have much of a choice) I look over to see that Mikayla has found a blue marker and bit off the tip, so that her face, mouth, and hands are all blue, and so is the chair cushion.  I'm already in a pissy mood, so after cleaning up the blue, I'm in the cleaning mode, and decide to further neglect the kids and continue with my plan to steam clean the pee spots, only to find that there is so much carpet cleaner on the spot from previous attempts that I can't even get all the soap up.  The whole time, Luka is whining about how sorry he is for cutting his hair and do I forgive him? and he will never ever do it again.  But I just act like I can't hear him because the steamer is too loud.

When I'm done steaming, I find that in the kitchen, Mikayla has placed every single mixing bowl (both glass and metal) upside down on the kitchen floor.  Probably took her 2 min. to do that.  By now, it's 7:20, so I take Mikayla up to bed to find that in my neglect, she has pooped and wasn't changed soon enough, so poop is all over her legs.

And no, I don't have any pictures to prove anything, and you certainly won't find any reindeer shaped treats in this house.

And now, back to Words With Friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment