Generally speaking, this is what my to do list looks like:
Mikayla has become a fish this summer. She is totally swimming on her own, and we do not need to keep a close eye her anymore. With the click of the fingers, just like the boys, I can almost pinpoint the day she started swimming, "for real." She is even going off of the diving boards and down the slides, and jumping around and swimming in the deep end. She cannot get enough of the swimming! Oh, and I wish I knew how many pairs of goggles we lose each year. I'm looking at this picture now thinking, "where the heck did the pink goggles go??"
At least once a year, I like to take the kids blueberry picking. We had a perfect day this year...the clouds were out, it was not 100 degrees, and for some reason there were no mosquitoes. Mikayla didn't last very long, but the boys were troopers and picked quite a bucket full. A tradition afterward is a snow-cone...and certainly a good incentive for agreeing to pick blueberries in the first place!
TJ got going on a "project" one day in the garage...not even sure exactly what the project was. Mikayla joined him at some point. Scott just can never wait to come home to find out what has been happening in his garage when he is not there. Yeah, and definitely not kid friendly, but what are you going to do other than check on them now and then? They're quiet, they are busy, they are being creative...can't put a kabosh to that! (Note the band-aids on the belly.)
One of the highlights of our trip to Ohio was stopping off at Cedar Point in Sandusky, MI. It was the PERFECT day. Overcast with a pretty good chance of rain, which mean a lot of people stay away. Well, we didn't have a choice considering we had a flight out of Cleveland at 6:00 the next morning, so we had not choice but to go for it. We never waited in a line longer than 20 minutes, and a lot of the rides you could just walk right on. The boys got totally hooked on the roller coasters and went on as many as they could. Luka couldn't get on all of them since he was under 52", but he still got on some of the best in the world. For her part, Mikayla was not afraid to go on anything. Next time, we will be riding the coasters as a family and Scott and I won't have to sit out every other turn to stay with Mikayla.
Summer is never complete without a trip to the dentist. Mikayla was SO excited when I told her we had an appointment. I wonder how long that will last? No cavities this time, thank goodness. I just had to laugh at this dental hygienist who had two assistants. I'm really not sure Mikayla could have gotten any closer.
Last but not least, there has to be at least one cousin sleepover during the summer since schedules get so crazy during the school year. This time was so great because the girls could swim out in the pool without being watched. They swam in the evening and I got them all bathed and washed up. Then, they woke up at 6:30 and were in the pool by 7:00 again the next morning!




No comments:
Post a Comment