The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Friday, March 5, 2010

Albert Einstein vs. Phyllis Diller

When I was growing up, I was often called Phyllis Diller as I crawled out of bed.  That exacerbated the morning grouchiness.  My hair is very finely textured.  If I put it in a pony tail, after an hour or so, it will maintain the shape of a ponytail, even without the rubber band in it.  When I wear a motorcylcle helmet, it seems to maintain that particular shape the rest of the day.  So of course, a night of sleeping on it does wonders.

Luka, bless his little heart, has the same magical hair.  While we both have curls, those finely textured curls seemingly disappear overnite, and turn into what emerges instead as a mass of matted, tangled bush. 

On separate occasions, upon seeing Luka in the morning with his blond afro, both Papa and Daddy referred to Luka as Albert Einstein.  Luckily, he seems to take the jokes about his hair with a bit less sensitivity then I did growing up, and we often have good laughs about it in the mirror.

Some photos for your viewing pleasure:

View Image


Click to see an enlarged picture

No comments:

Post a Comment