Well, much to our surprise, Luka and TJ both seemed to very much enjoy both their soccer games this week. With that said, however, it certainly wasn't easy as pie. (Oh wait, easy as pie? Did some Mennonite cook come up with that saying, because last time I checked, a pie isn't easy, for me at least!) I digress.
We arrived at Luka's game 15 minutes early, and for 10 minutes, he hung on my leg and cried. Scott and I looked at each other and Scott said, "It's time for some drastic measures." For a split second I wasn't sure exactly what drastic meant. He suggested we both leave and let the coach deal with him. Well, that didn't really seem fair, so I suggested that maybe it was the mommy syndrome, and that I leave. I handed him to Scott, snuck behind the bushes, and watched intently as Luka seemed to be engrossed with what Scott was saying. Next thing I know, Luka is running off to the coach, with a big smile on his face, and proceeded to run around happily for the rest of the game, even getting in a few kicks.
During the game, I was silently cheering behind the thick crowd of papparazi parents, not knowing what Luka would do if he laid eyes on me. He didn't seem to miss me, and Mimi gladly took my place. At one point in the game, Luka ran off the field to kiss Mimi's hand, and then wordlessly ran back to join his team. After a few pretzels at the quarter break, he came back off the field again to Mimi and said "save some pretzels for me!" He again went back to join his team.
TJ had a great time as well. He stayed on the field the whole game and even had a brief stint in the goal. The snacks and juice boxes after the games are always a highlight. (What ever happened to water and orange slices?) The weather was just gorgeous, and we just shared some great family moments at the soccer fields.
And I guess I may never find out exactly what Scott did say to Luka...
No comments:
Post a Comment