The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Friday, May 6, 2011

Childcare Update

One of the things I've tried to visualize with three kids is how to get all of them ready for school/daycare, breakfast, and out the door, to three different schools, work a full day, then pick them all up at three different places, unpack/repack all the bags, lunches, make dinner, bath, bedtime, etc. when Scott is working. I'm really not sure how single parents get through it!

We have officially hired a nanny. Her name is Regina (Re-HEE-na), and we're very excited! She is from Guatemala (bilingual, yeah!) and still has 5 kids age 16-22 back in Guatemala. She and her husband came here years ago to help put their kids through school. Can you even imagine the sacrifice of leaving your children so that they might have an education? We feel good about helping her out!

We will be nanny sharing with a family that she has been with for the past 7 years. The family has triplets, who are currently in TJ's class at school, but who no longer need her full-time.

Regina will come on the days that I am working. She will:
-take care of Mikayla
-make dinner
-clean
-do the laundry
-sort/organize
-keep the boys after school
-whatever else she has time for!

Wow...essentially, she is more than just a nanny, and we really feel like she has fallen into our laps. She is so highly recommended, and just seems to be a good fit overall. She is so sweet!

Regina will come once a week starting in June until I start back to work on August 15. We will use the summer to orient her to our household, so that by the time I go back, she will be familiar with everything and feel comfortable on her own.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that it all works out! We feel so very fortunate that this was not a hard search, and, knock on wood, all will go as planned.

Now, we need to find a way to fill in for childcare while I am back to work full-time for 3 months, but for now, this is a step in the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment