We have been to the doctor/ER more times in the last 4 months then we have been for the past 4 years!
This week, both Mikayla and Luka have been in.
Mikayla has been pretty much refusing to eat for the past week. We took her in on Tuesday, and the doctor said that she must have some sort of heartburn or reflux going on for her to all of a sudden refuse to eat. I was so relieved...I was really hoping she wasn't going to tell me that it was behavioral. Mikayla is such a content and happy baby, she was hardly putting up a fuss at all! Since we have been on the medication, she is doing better. She is nursing well, but still not taking a bottle. I hope that is not behavioral.
Coincident to this happening, I had rented a baby scale so I could measure just exactly how much milk she is getting from me each time she nurses. Has her suck improved? How many ounces? Can she nurse and be full?? Can she stimulate my supply?
The good news is that, more often than not, if she is really hungry, she is getting at least 4 ounces from me, which is about what I pump as well. This is an incredibly huge relief after all that we have been through! I just can't believe that she might be able to nurse "for real" and not worry if she is getting enough. At this point, it is almost too good to be true, so I'm watching it for another few days until the scale has to be returned, and then I will put it to rest.
On to Luka...when Scott picked him up from school today, he was covered in spots. We had him to the doctor within 45 minutes, and she confirmed that he has the chicken pox! We expect that TJ will get them too. We just hope that it is all over for his birthday party in a few weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment