We spent a great Mother's Day together as well. I started the morning by waking up to a beautiful bouquet of flowers and cards the kids had made, which are always a treat. I then met my sister for breakfast to spend some rare quality time together at Cracker Barrel (only because it is halfway between us). We've had a hard time connecting recently with schedules so it was some much needed time.
Cute story about Luka: When he was teasing around with Grandma, he said, "Grandma, you're so immature!" We all kind of laughed, and I said, "Luka, where did you learn that word?" He told me he learned it from a book we had read. I asked him what it meant, and he said, "It means you're acting like a baby!" Too funny...this little sponge doesn't miss a thing, and reading really does increase vocabulary, big time!
We took it easy in the afternoon, and then headed for a Thai restaurant for an early dinner. We topped off the day with a trip to the water fountains. It was Mikayla's first experience and she seemed to love it. It was a bit chilly and her lips were turning blue, but she didn't seem to notice at all. Thanks to all for a wonderful Mother's Day!




No comments:
Post a Comment