The Kiddos

The Kiddos
November 2013

Saturday, October 10, 2009

We are "Those People."

I came home the other day from work to find the ladder on the front porch...as my gaze turned upward, I saw a massive ghost hanging from the roof of the porch, just above the front door. I made dinner, Scott and I put the kids to bed, and followed the evening routine, and then I sat down at the computer for a nightly check of email. I heard a noise outside, and as I swiveled around in my desk chair, I noticed the massive black spider with purple lights sitting in my yard, slowly...lifting...one...leg...at a time.

You know how you drive by certain homes during the holidays and there is just a bunch of yard candy? And you say to yourself, "Gosh, what are Those People thinking?" Well, I'll have you know, that we are officially Those People, and what Scott is thinking is "What do you expect when you have kids?" And I am thinking, "I really didn't know we would become Those People."

But hey, the kids (including Scott) really get excited each time they come home, and you only live once, right? Plus, for those of you that don't know it, Scott is deathly afraid of spiders, and he truly seems to get the shivers each time he looks at the the big fake spider that HE put in his own yard. Kind of like he's playing a joke on himself or something...I just have to chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment